Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tempting twinkle

I was heading home from an appointment, but when I looked up Eighth Avenue the sun was glinting off the globe sculpture at the Trump International Hotel and Tower. I took off toward Columbus Circle in hopes a few minutes of direct sunlight and, wild-goose-chase-style, from the steps of the monument I saw this lovely copper twinkle.



This means they are finishing the roofing on the bathrooms for the Heckscher Playground! I don't know why I find this so exciting, except that it means that, eventually, there will be less construction mess in the south end of the park. And a working bathroom. Of course, the playground itself stays off limits to those of us without children. I'm not sure whether this is actually enforced, but as a compulsive rule-follower, I can only stand outside the fence and pine for the swings.

No comments: