Saturday, February 23, 2008

Decrapping, part deux

We decrapped John's office tonight. And by tonight, I mean tonight.

We got up at a decent hour and exercised, then fiddled around. I got ready for yoga and checked my email: Orbitz was nice enough to tell me that a huge stupid change had been made to our itinerary for Maui. So I went off to yoga, fuming. It was a good class, but my toe is still slightly, well, broken. I tried to maintain my yoga calm, walked home mindfully and went straight for the phone.

An hour and half later, things were resolved to my satisfaction. In the meantime, John had to retreat to the bedroom because he can't stand to be in the same room with me when I'm dealing with customer service. Can't say that I blame him.

So it was 4:40pm when we left for John's office, 5:00pm when we got there, 8:00pm when we decided to keep going till it was done, 9:00pm when we walked away from 13 large trash bags, 9:15 when we arrived at Bar Americain just in time for our reservation. And 9:45 when we were finally seated.

No photos of us stuffing ourselves on the outrageous Deep Dish Chocolate Cream Pie. Believe me, you do not want to see that.

No comments: