Thursday, September 25, 2008

Recovery

Well, I tried to go to the work/study gig yesterday, but as I struggled to keep from hurling all over a $2100 limited edition personal discovery game, I came to the realization that I should go home. I had mentioned my condition to two of my co-workers, and one of them snickered heartily as I slunk down the smelly stairwell. To her I say: you don't even know who My Bloody Valentine is, so don't you judge me.

Here are some images from Tuesday afternoon in Madison Square Park, before the sonic insanity ate my brain.

treehouse1

The hunk in the hard hat is Tadashi Kawamata and the project he's working on is Tree Huts. While the lift was on the ground being loaded, a sweet woman and an even sweeter baby came up to say hello. Hunky Japanese artist family man arboreal carpenter: be still my freaking heart.

treehouse2

These will be wonderful to look at as the trees lose their leaves. I don't know if they'll be up that long, but a girl can dream.

Once her head stops spinning.

No comments: