Tuesday, September 30, 2008

False Mahshi!

I made a quick, quick trip to Kalustyan's today for dried mint (which was the last ingredient I needed for dinner tonight) and since it was lunch time and I was headed to the work/study gig for a few short hours of label sticking, I went upstairs and bought a hummus platter to go. Just across the street, I passed this cart and almost regretted my purchase.

katicart

Mmmm. You know it's good when there's a line, and when there's a big pot of something on the roof of a mini-van. I will be back.

Later at home, post-yoga, I spent an hour chopping the ingredients for False Mahshi. It was soooo worth it.

falsemahshi

Without a doubt, this is the most delicious and pink thing I've cooked in a long, long time. And thank goodness it's tasty, because it really does yield 8 servings.

No comments: