Friday, May 23, 2008

Expensive art booze: worth it

John left work super early (5pm!) and met me at Neptune Room for $1 oysters. We had three dozen, and I managed to soak the bread basket in prosecco before I'd even had a sip. A quick cab ride later, we were on our way to the Cantor Roof Garden to see the Jeff Koons sculptures and, more importantly, drink the special cocktails.

(I promise, that's the first and only time I'll type something in rainbow letters, but I would make those words blink if I could.)

sacredheart

Sacred Heart: vodka and pomegranate juice.
Maybe a little simple for twelve dollars?

coloringbook

Coloring Book: vodka, rum, gin, tequila, triple sec, Sprite.
Maybe a little gross for twelve dollars?

balloondog

Balloon Dog: vodka, elderflower cordial, sparkling pear juice.
Just right.

No comments: