Friday, April 25, 2008

Peeing myself

A few years ago, Moises Alou stated in an interview that he had soaked his hands in urine to toughen them up and help him deal with otherwise incurable blisters. There was a bit of a brouhaha, and at the time the whole thing smelled a little racist to me, but in the intervening years, I have often wondered if this might not be the natural solution to my chewed-raw toes, mangled heels and bloodied soles.

I mention this, because it's that time of year again, when shoes start to seem like a cruel joke and I grow so depressed at my inability to FIND A GODDAMN PAIR OF SHOES that I actually start considering walking on my hands or, well, peeing myself.

So, that would be peeing myself in a bad way. But peeing myself in a good way?

washikirie

It was already mid-evening when I passed this well-hidden sign. I will definitely be checking this out next week. New York is absolutely full of this stuff, and I never seem to find out about it until it's over, but this time I win!

And in the same cut-paper vein, I passed Bergdorf's mini windows on 57th as part of the same, fruitless shoe-searching cross-town walk.

yslpaperdetail

Not bad for a cosmetics advert.

yslpaperwindow

So how do I get that job?

No comments: