Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's coming down

demolition

(Do you know that song by Cake? I don't get to listen to it anymore, because John doesn't like the band, and I must admit: Fashion Nugget is an awful name for an album.)

Not rain, but the moribund building previously featured in this space. What the picture can't communicate is the awful smell. A smell of destruction, for sure.

So, I finished off my reading from yesterday: Kim Edwards' The Memory Keeper's Daughter. I'll admit it, my interest was piqued by the commercials for the Lifetime movie, and I remembered seeing the book everywhere, with its great cover art. So I ordered it from the library.

Not bad. It did not, at least, leave me in the horrible black mood cloud that often descends when I finish a book. I'm already on to the next, but I think it's fair to say that the true story of a zoo in wartime may bring on the sadness a bit.

No comments: