Wednesday, July 25, 2007

July 25 post, as neccessitated by events which transpired this evening

If this post had a real title, it would be "Things to be thankful for."

That the test went well, even if I didn't get to register today.

That I ran into my friend Nicole, who is also considering a future in art conservation.

That Hunter has not (as far as I know) inexplicably changed my first name to "hotmail.com" on its records (poor Nicole!).

That I can count on the dosa man in Washington Square Park to brighten my day with his amazing toothy smile and soul-warming food. That coconut chutney!

That although Victoria's Secret decided to discontinue the one bra that fits me correctly and comes in cute colors (Body by Victoria Unlined Full Coverage), I can still find a handful of decent bras at Macy's, even if I have to try on sixty or seventy to separate the wheat from the chaff.

That, test behind me, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is waiting on the coffee table for me as soon as I finish this post.

And last, but by no means least...

That the gallon of gazpacho was in a plastic container and not a glass one, and that I've gotten over feeling guilty about using paper towels, and that most of it did not splatter under the refrigerator.

Now you get to be thankful that I didn't snap a picture of that gallon of gazpacho all over the floor of my tiny kitchen. It totally looked like the barf we see all over NYC sidewalks on Saturday mornings.

1 comment:

oneredboot said...

oh no! not the gazpacho that you made with the specially-purchased string of garlic?