Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Welcome to the jungle

jungle
28th between Sixth and Seventh

Instead of picking up the R at 28th and Broadway when my workshop let out this afternoon, I moseyed west two blocks, through the flower district. There was a cool breeze blowing (I know! I was shocked, too!) and the smell of all these plants (potted, not cut) reminded me of Maui. Sniff.

When I reached Eighth Avenue, I turned south. I stopped at Jamba Juice for a sixteen ounce Mango Mantra, which turns out to be the perfect snack for me. Sweet and fruity, cool and refreshing, with the same calorie count (160) as a measly three oreos. The only downsides I can see are 1) it costs ALMOST FIVE DOLLARS and 2) it left me full and burping tropically when I got to my destination.

Which was Brooklyn Industries' Chelsea outpost. I saw a girl on the subway yesterday with a great bag, and now I have one too. It's really enormous, the kind of enormous that gets you dirty looks on the train, but I like a shoulder bag and the other two styles in this colorway (the feather one) got all up under my armpits. And we can't have that.

No comments: