Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Cough, burp

I have chronic idiopathic acid reflux. I've been poked, prodded and scoped to no avail. I take a little yellow pill (the purple one doesn't work for me) every day, and it mostly keeps me out of the clutches of debilitating nausea.

Last week I was coughing a little and it occurred to me that it might not be the dry apartment air. This week I have the burps and that awful taste in my mouth every morning. Yoga on Tuesday was something else.

It's partly my fault. This is Cadbury Mini Egg season, and daily (or twice-daily) chocolate is a sure trigger for me. Also, I've been in the mood for soda, and while I seemed to be doing okay with the Dr. Brown's Diet Cream Soda, the Canada Dry Diet Cranberry Ginger Ale and I are apparently not getting along. So, the soda goes down the drain tonight, and the chocolate... at least Cadbury Mini Eggs are seasonal on this side of the pond.

NB: In the pursuit of honesty, I've started timing make-up posts at 11:59pm. I think of a post every day, but I don't always get around to the actual posting. Just keeping it real.

No comments: