Monday, October 06, 2008

PdP Summer Concert Series, Pt.8*: Okkervil River

okkervilriver1

Will Sheff's rock star poses make me hot.

Okay, first I should acknowledge the openers.

blackjoelewis

Black Joe Lewis was groovy. Big Kitty, I think you would dig him and his "Honeybears." They performed a song called "Bitch, I Love You." They would be good party music, hint hint.

crookedfingers

This is Crooked Fingers. Pro: Girls in the band! Con: Sort of bland, which is not what I was expecting from the songs M. Panique had played for me. I got the feeling Eric Bachmann's voice was a little strained; maybe he's sharing my ragweed situation.

Okay, back to the rawkin' sexiness of Okkervil River. You know what I love? When a band invites members of another band back out on stage for a few collaborative songs. Will brought out a few Honeybears.

okkervilriver2

You know what else I love? The bridge and last verse of "Our Life Is Not a Movie or Maybe."



*Again, I know summer is long over. This was just for the sake of coherence, and we've worked our way through all our concert tickets now, anyway.

No comments: