Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A restorative diet of carbs

Good news: Last night, I gave 110% in my first yoga class in 2 years. It was awesome, and it left me sweaty and smiling.

Bad news: Today, my muscles are wiped out. Fortunately, I don't feel injured, just very tired.

Best news: At least I didn't have to drag myself to a job this morning!

I spent the day on the sofa, which (believe it or not) is not how I spend most days, even if I spend them at home. And today's menu looked like this: Cocoa Kripsies, saltines, diet cream soda, leftover homemade caramel corn from last weekend, rigatoni with pink sauce. Maybe another bowl of Cocoa Krispies for dessert, but I wouldn't want to push my luck.

While on the sofa, I did manage to complete and email-off a cover letter for a job at the Met that I read about last week. As a general rule, it wouldn't take me so long to complete such a straightforward task, but it's the sort of job I have to work really hard to keep from psyching myself out about. Nothing builds confidence like writing cover letters for jobs you've never done before, the required skills for which are nowhere represented in your resume, for which you will be facing many professionally-trained competitors. Still, I think the letter is good, and it's not like I have anything to lose. I mean, it's not like they're going to call me up and laugh at me.

Right?

No comments: