Saturday, July 05, 2008

Checking out

viewfromparker

It was lovely. It really was like getting away, and at the same time we got an entirely new perspective on the city.

I have to plug two great movies we watched while here, on opposite ends of the taste spectrum.

While everyone else was out watching fireworks in the humidity, we were having burgers and shakes at burger joint. Then we went upstairs and watched National Treasure II: Book of Secrets. I have to say, I liked it better than the new Indiana Jones. The character development was nil, and Nick Cage looked weird, but the action was extremely entertaining. Thumbs up!

After an early breakfast at Norma's this morning, we headed back up for another movie. If suspense is your thing (and I mean really your thing), then you should see Sunshine. If we had watched this last night, I wouldn't have been able to sleep. Scary and sad, but beautifully directed and acted. You can't say I didn't warn you.

No comments: