Thursday, September 27, 2007

Like a Band-Aid

I dropped my classes at Hunter yesterday.

There, that wasn't so hard. What was I worried about? Crafting a clever way to break the news to friends and family has honestly been the least of my concerns for the past few days, but today I've been prepping a canvas and waiting for the clouds to roll in.

I could give you a long list of whys, but I'm as done with the decision as I am with Hunter. Maybe we can talk about it later?

So many fun things came and went while I was grinding my teeth over this. Jim and Sommer came for a visit and I was awful. My folks stopped in on their way back from London and I was a mess. We took a quick trip to Austin and the unbearable effort that it took to have a good time was only relieved by seeing really wonderful friends. Every trip to Austin from now on will include time for seeing these amazing women -- I just hope they'll have time for me!

So, the knot in my back has started to loosen, but my stomach is still churning. I don't know what's next, but I'll keep you posted.

No comments: