Monday, August 27, 2007

The universe smiles on the tidy girl

Apparently, fate smiles on young wives who keep their apartments clean. I got up this morning at 6am and GOT MY CLASS. Big props to John for calling from Baltimore to make sure I was awake, especially since I only sort of was, and I never would have gotten registered if I hadn't been online exactly at 6am.

Fate also gifts you with a head full of Trains to Brazil by The Guillemots. Well, just the line about school.

Throwing stuff away and wiping the kitchen counters keeps the humidity low and the sun sunny as you walk across the park, and conjures the subway as soon as you set foot on the platform.

Finally, deciding to stop using the dishwasher and start doing it by hand means that your willpower stays intact all day long (even if you have to walk past Le Pain Quotidien's almond meringue four times!) and you are rewarded with the best peach of the season, even though the last few you had cut into were weirdly soft and mealy.

Ah, now the husband is home and my stomach is rumbling for dinner, which reminds me of a funny story. Last night, I grabbed my leftover "enchiladas" from the fridge and discovered they were actually the remains of a dinner comapanion's seasonal vegetable chimichanga. Reader, I ate it.

No comments: