Tuesday, November 13, 2007

And I was on such a roll

I wasn't going to say anything, but I was trying to post every day in November. Sadly, I did not. So I'll write a bit about my birthday, and we'll pretend that I didn't skip a week. (If it's any consolation, I'm not really sure what I was doing last week, either.)


It was my birthday yesterday! I got lots of dark/sweet cards and thoughtful gifts I am already putting to use. Brunch! Cookbook! Apron! Socks! Nail polish! Purse! Stationery, made from some drawings I did in high school! Earrings! Thank you everybody!

John got me the fabulous hand creme I asked for and the Stephen Colbert book, a total surprise. I opened it up to find myself staring at pictures of dog scrota: my kind of book! And he has let me do some excessive clothes shopping. Also the flowers above, so beautiful...

Also a trip to see Karen in Durham. I'm leaving tomorrow, and I hope I'll come back with pretty pictures and fun stories.

No comments: