Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Parce que j'ai besoin d'une nouvelle technique



Q'est-ce que c'est?

Les oiseaux en papier mâché!

This photo is a bit inscrutable (I don't think that's the right word, but I've had it in my head lately) but maybe it helps to know the green lumps in the background are the molds. I did three layers of newsprint around those last night, and this morning I cut them off, completely prematurely. John hadn't left for work yet, so he got to watch me jump up and down ("It worked! It worked!") with an X-Acto knife in my hand. I glued the empty halves back together, sculpted paperclay beaks and attached cardboard tails. I let them dry for, oh, an hour, then put two more layers of newspaper over everything but the beaks.

Now comes the hard part. They need to dry for, like, forever before I can gesso and paint them. And then what?

Je n'ai aucune idée.

No comments: